Custom Search

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Selective Listening

I thought deeply about what I would post the last few nights. As I have sifted through my emails (thank you, by the way) I have noticed a pattern, especially from those that have not been kind to me.

I will say this first, I LOVE IT when I get emails and comments. Especially the negative ones. Maybe it's a little twisted but I love to offend liberals! Besides the obvious left vs. right, I see two other things contained in the liberal's correspondence that are not found with Conservatives.

First, language. Almost without exception, the hate mail from liberals contain multiple four letter words like F*** and S***. It is very low-brow, repugnant, even "ghetto." They come off looking uneducated and illiterate. I myself (and most Conservatives) would never think of using such profane and foul language, it is simply beneath us. It's still fun to read because more than anything it shows their ugliness of character and it simply proves to me who these crazy liberals really are. Of course, Conservatives are not 100% squeaky clean, but it's obvious to EVERYONE who uses bad language more. You'd have to be blind and deaf to disagree, which brings me to my other topic....

I have noticed that Conservatives will listen to other Conservatives and they will listen to liberals. Liberals will listen to other liberals but they will not listen to Conservatives (in MOST cases). I recently received one correspondence from a liberal (thank you whoever you are) where he ranted and raved about the sidebar on my Blog where I list my heroes. It occurred to me that he probably has never heard Rush Limbaugh, or anyone else whom I've mentioned off to the side. Crazy liberals will say all kinds of terrible things about national Conservative commentators and the things they say make it very obvious that they may not have listened even for one minute to their shows. My own father (who I love) either tries to change the subject about Rush Limbaugh, or he'll say that Rush is "full of hot air." I've tried to tune the radio to the EIB Network so he can hear what Rush has to say, but then he refuses.

Rush Limbaugh is EXTREMELY successful because everything he says on his radio show he can back up with facts. And they're not just facts, they're facts he can either replay in a sound byte from the radio or TV, or it's a written quote from a notable newspaper. All other political commentators who have repeated this business model have themselves been very successful. In short, the truth will always win out. And that is what has driven liberals to become crazy liberals. They just choose not to listen. Hence the term Selective Listening.

Even during the party conventions of last year. I took time and listened to every speaker in the Democratic National Convention. I too saw the Greek god Apollo (Obama) descend down from the Heavens and speak from his marble column platform. I tried calling my liberal friends (yes, I have liberal friends!) to get them to watch it with me but they told me they were too busy that night gaming with their friends (I am not making that up!). When it came to the Republican National Convention, well....forget it!

I think liberals are too afraid that if they actually listened to Conservative commentators, or read their books, they would actually see the truth for what it is and they would come around and switch sides. But I think it's kind of a "clique-ish" thing for these liberals. They want to belong with their certain group of friends so they stay within their comfort zone. Let's face it, it's "trendy" to be liberal, even fashionable. They have plenty of Hollywood celebutards to look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment